jueves, 5 de abril de 2012

Our World on Shape

Layers:
Lithosphere Layer: In this layer I decide to create something artistic, so I chose to create a Model and Mini-Posters. My model was basically on Faults Normal, Reverse/thrust and strike-slip. In my model I explain how does each one of the faults move and I also explain what they can cause to earth continental crust, for example strike-slip faults affect is by moving a part creating earthquake and dividing mass of lands or river to other parts.
Asthenosphere Layer: In this layer I chose to be creative and at the same time research a little bit, so I decide to create Foldable-Mini Quiz and Demonstration Lab. For the demonstration lab I use hot water in a cup as Magma and, cold water in the cube as the earth Asthenosphere. I did this experiment to find out, how does Convention Currents occur in earth lithosphere and what made it occur one of the major causer is the earth Inner Core that is the most hot layer of earth which affect the Magma making move to the top to where the lithosphere is and when it move to there is gets cold and it move to the side brushing the walls of the lithosphere moving the plates away. In my foldable I create three type of diagram which represents the Lithosphere, Hydrosphere and Atmosphere.  On the lithosphere I draw a rocky environment; in the Hydrosphere I draw a liquid environment; and the Atmosphere I draw our lining environment by this creativities I had a chance to show and learn the important part of our world soil, air and water.  
Mantle Layer: For this Layer I decide to create something technological and artistic, so I create a Power Point in which I illustrate the causes and evidence of Plate Tectonic and The Theory of plate Tectonic and Convention Currents, for example the Tectonic Plates are large plates of rock that make up the creation of earth crust and the shape of the continents, another example of the theory is that it was build up during the 20th century and it was based in the concept of Continental Drift.
Critical Thinking Question:
I’m agree with the Theory of the Tectonic Plates, because of what I have read already in the article and as it says that the Theory of the Tectonic Plates is a theory that shows the larges movements of earth lithosphere as I stop to think about the first time I found out that it was true, because of the Pangea there something supposed to make the continents move away and by the movement of earth lithosphere is the only way the continents can move away.
 The evidence are very clear about this point the Convention Currents, the faults and boundaries are the best example for this that I have found, for example the Convention Currents as the Magma is being hit by the hot of the inner core this make it move up to the top and when it gets cold it move down to the side brushing the walls of the lithosphere, and the Boundaries for example a Divergent Boundary is the best way to explain who could the Theory of the Tectonic Plates happen by the movements of the plates away from each other.
Reflection:
·       What did you enjoy the most about this project and why?
I really enjoy a lot to do the lab about the Convention current, because I learned a lot about how does the convention currents happens and what make it happen and how does it affect us.
·       What was the most challenging for you in this project and why?
The most challenging for me in this project was to create the model, because I’m a perfectionist I really love to create things the best I can and make it look very professional.
·       What new skills did you learn from doing this project?
Doing this project I learn how to create a Power Point and then how to make it a video on Animoto.
·       Is there anything that you could have done to improve any of your work? Explain.
Yes I would like to have done a better model that looks more professional, because I think that the model that I did make does not look very professional.







No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario